The experts at Nursing Consulting Partners have written or appeared in these collective publications:
- Haag-Heitman, B. (Ed). (1999) Clinical Practice Development Using Novice to Expert Theory. Gaithersburg, Md. Aspen.
- Haag-Heitman, B. & George, V. (2010). Guide for Establishing Shared Governance: A Starter’s Tool Kit. Sliver Spring. MD: American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- Haag-Heitman, B. & George, V. (2011). Peer Review in Nursing: Principles for Sucessful Practice. Sudbury, MA: Jones and Bartlett.
- Haag-Heitman, B. and Kramer, A. (1998). Creating a Clinical Practice Development Model. American Journal of Nursing, 98(8), 39-43.
- George, V. & Haag-Heitman (2012). Differentiating peer review and the annual performance review. Nurse Leader, 10(1), 26-28.
- Haag-Heitman, B. (2009). Froedert hospital hosts Magnet workshop on peer review. Nursingmatters, 20(2), 7-8.
- Haag-Heitman, B & George, V. (2011). Nursing Peer Review: Principles and Practice. American Nurse Today (Special Magnet Edition), 6 (3), 61-63.
- George, V. & Haag-Heitman, B. (2011). Nursing Peer Review: The Manager’s Role. *Journal of Nursing Management, 19(2).
- George, V. and Haag-Heitman, B. (2013). Peer Review in Nursing: An Evidence-Based Approach. A Continuing Education module published in Nurse.com/Management
- Haag-Heitman, B. (2012). Supporting Transitions in Clinical Practice Development. Journal of Perinatal and Neonatal Nursing, 26(1), 5-7.
- Ladewig, N. E., Haag, B. J., and Weber, B. T. (1994). The Clinical Practice Development Model: A Framework for the Recognition of Nursing Practice. Aspen’s Advisor for Nurse Executives, 9(4), 5‑7.
- Haag-Heitman, B. (2008). The Development of Expert Performance in Nursing. *Journal of Nurses in Staff Development. 24(5), 203-211.
* indicates peer review journal
- George, V. (1999). An Organizational Case Study of Shared Leadership Development in Nursing. Unpublished Dissertation – Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI.
- George, V. & Burke, L.J. (1998). Developing Staff Nurses Leadership Behaviors and Professional Nursing Practice Autonomy. Abstract in the Proceedings for the Fifth Annual International Conference on Advances in Management.
- Fowler, R., McAvoy, M., Haag-Heitman,B., DiRaimondo-Decker, C. & Zuleger, J. (2010). Implementing Shared Governance in Rehabilitation Services. Forum for Shared Governance.
- Moore, V. and Sharkey, K. (2001). Magnet Hospitals Going for the Gold in Nursing, Nursing 2001, 31(11), 82-83.
- Moore, V. M. (1990) Contributor to Nursing Shared Governance: Restructuring For the Future, McDonagh, K.J., Editor.
- George, V. & Luhrsen, M. (2014) Professional Governance: To Act – Not Just Inform. Nurse Leader, 12(2), 48-54. DOI:10.1016/j.mnl.2014.01.008
- George, V.M., Burke, L.J., & Rogers, B.L. (1997). Researched-based Plan for Change: Assessing Nursing Attitudes Towards Governance and Professional Practice Autonomy After Hospital Acquisition. JONA, Vol. 27, 53-61.
Leadership & Change
- Morselander, K. & Moore, V.M. (1990), Accreditation: Measuring Quality Assurance, HomeCare, August
- Hicks, F. (2005) Assuring Competency: Privilege and Obligation. Clinical Nurse Specialist, 19(5)228-232.
- Jenkins, L. & George, V. (1995) Heart Watch: National Survey of Continuous Electrocardiographic Monitoring in the U.S. Hospitals. JONA, 25 (4), 38-44
- DeGroot, H.A., Burke, L.J., & George, V., (1998). Implementing the Differentiated Pay Structure Model. Journal of Nursing Administration,28(5), 28-38.
- George, V. & Shocksnider, J. (2014) Leaders: Are you ready for change? The clinical nurse as care coordinator in the new health care system. Nursing Administration Quarterly, 38(1), 78-85. DOI:10.1097/NAQ.0000000000000011
- Moore, V. M. (1993) Contributor. Kinsey, M. Gibby, et.al. Patient-Centered Hospital Care – Reform from Within. McDonagh, K.J., Editor. Management Series, American College of Healthcare Executives, 1993.
- George, V. (2005). Role of System Chief nursing executive. Nurse Leader, 3 (4), 45 -49.
- Haag-Heitman, B.J. (1997). Team Building, A Powerful Learning Organization Approach. Aspen’s Advisor for Nurse Executives, 13(2), 1-4.
- MacKinnon Schifalacqua, M., and George, V. (1999). The Changing Environment for Outcomes Management in The Outcomes Mandate: Case Management in Health Care Today.pp 162-170. Cohen, E. and DeBack (Eds). Mosby: St. Louis.
- George, V. (1998) The Leader as Teacher: A Learning Framework for Nurse Executives. Aspen Advisor for Nurse Executives; May.
- George, V. (1999). The Role of the Chief Nurse Executive in Fostering Excellence in the Professional Practice Environment in Clinical Practice Development Using Novice to Expert Theory, Chapter 13, Ed. Haag-Heitman, B., Aspen.
- George, V., & Lovering, S. (2013) Transforming the Context of Care Through Shared Leadership and Partnership: An International CNO Perspective. Nursing Administration Quarterly, 37 (1), 52-59
- George. V. (2003). Women as Leaders: Changing the Workplace. Nurse leader, 1.
- *Galvan, B. J. (1987). Obstetrical Vacuum Extraction. *JOGNN, May/June.
- Haag, B. et al. (1993). Opportunities, Consequences and Challenge of Early Discharge ‑ Short Term Length of Stay. Wisconsin Association for Perinatal Care, June.
- Haag, B. Kraly, C., Cato, M., and Prochnow, J. C. (1995). Perinatal Care ‑ St. Luke’s Medical Center. In Charting By Exception Applications, Albany, N.Y.: Delmar.
- Haag, B. Editor (1989-91). Regarding Women and Health Care. St. Luke’s Medical Center, Milwaukee.
- Farrell, M., Bushnell, D and Haag-Heitman, B. (1998). Theory and Practice for Teaching the Childbearing Couple. *JOGNN, Nov/Dec, 613-618.
- *Galvan, B. J. (1989). Using Amnioinfusion for the Relief of Repetitive Variable Decelerations during labor. *JOGNN, May/June. (*Galvan former name prior to Haag-Heitman)